How To Become A Consultant
January 18, 2011 4 Comments
Ever thought about joining the ranks of IT Consultants?
On Thursday January 20th, 2011, I’m presenting a free PASS Professional Development Virtual Chapter webcast on how to get started in Information Technology consulting. If you have the expressed goal or the suppressed desire to become an independent consultant, this webcast is designed to help you create a clear transistion strategy from full-time employee to full-time IT consultant with a minimum of risk along the way.
During the webcast, I’ll discuss:
- The many hats that a consultant must wear
- Strategies for minimizing risk during your transition
- Options for setting up your business
- How to handle the “Give me an estimate” question
- Low cost ways to promote your new business
- Some best practices as you get started
Much of the information comes from my “The Rational Guide to IT Consulting” book published by Rational Press.
I hope you’ll join me for this event. For more information or to register, visit the PASS Virtual Chapter web site.